05 June 2014

Seoul Haul

Annyeong haseyo! (Did I get that right? I hope I did!) How've you guys been?? Well, I just went back to school last week. It's overwhelming to be swamped with information and work right on the first day, but that's life for me. Normally, the first few days would still be chill, but that's not in my case (which is why I barely managed to sneak in this post) In line with that, I would like to say that I might be posting less frequently from now on. But I'm definitely not ditching this blog! I'm totally sticking with this one now (not like my previous failed attempts). Wish me luck though haha!

Anyway, I'll be telling you guys about the stuff I got while I was in Seoul! I've definitely looked forward to writing this post because (1) the title rhymes, and (2) I'm just really happy with my purchases. I've separated them in categories for this entry. Aside from pictures, you'll also find where I got them and for how much!

Feel free to read my photodiary (in two parts, part 1 & part 2) to get better ideas on where I got these things exactly!

Note: 1 Korean Won (W) = approximately .0001 US Dollars or .05 Philippine Pesos

*Purposely filled my nails with paint using Photoshop bc terrible manicure*

CLOTHING

Embossed top (H&M Noon Square) - W25,000
(Noon Square is a mall in Myeongdong, across Lotte Young Plaza!)



 Denim shortalls (H&M Noon Square) - W39,000
(Shortalls, dungaree shorts, whatever you call them-- I'm so glad I finally got myself one!!)




Striped sweater dress (WHO.A.U Myeongdong) - W19,900
If you go to WHO.A.U in Myeongdong, do check out the 4th floor! You'll find the "Orange Outlet" there, where all the marked-down items are!


Printed dress (Edae) - W10,000
(In case you've forgotten, Edae is the area of Ewha Women's University)
 

Fluted skirt (Edae) - W5,000
I've had my eyes set for a white skirt/skort ever since! So glad I found this one (especially for a cheap price). Some stores sold this in other colors, and some also sold it at a more expensive price (like W25,000). It really was just a matter of finding the perfect piece at the perfect place!



Trench coat (Edae) - W30,000
This outerwear is definitely all the hype in Korea! It was originally selling at W39,000, but my mom managed to pull the price down! It's made of a light material which makes it still quite appropriate to be worn here in the Philippines. Also, it's material is water-resistant; talk about fashion and function! (You can see me trying it on for fun here)


BAGS

Crossbody bag (Edae) - W10,000
A white bag, finally! I'm a sucker for satchels and other long-strap bags. Bought this at a bag store that sells everything for W10,000! There are a lot of them in the area, so you won't have a problem finding one.


Schoolbag (Edae) - W10,000
Square-shaped backpacks are definitely trending in Korea. I'm now using this in school! It's very spacey, so it can fit all my books. Unfortunately, it doesn't have pockets inside its main compartment. But it's cool nonetheless! Got this too from the same store as the other bag.





SHOES

Birkenstock Rio sandals (Sperry Top-Sider Myeongdong) - W85,000
Birks aren't just popular in Korea, but also all over the world! It seems to have made its comeback in the fashion world. It's so in that it was hard for me to find the perfectly-sized pair! The other stores I went to were more or less out-of-stock.

By the way, some stores in Korea offer tax refund for tourists! Sperry is one of them. Just keep your eyes peeled for signs. We got W5,000 back when we presented our receipt at the airport! So these Birks come off now as W80,000, technically. Isn't that great?!





New Balance 501 (Lotte Department Store Jamsil) - W89,000
You guys have no idea how I've been dying to have red sneakers!! Rubber shoes are definitely the predominant footwear of choice of Koreans. You'd often see them walking in NBs, Nikes or this other brand with a curly W-like logo (forgot the brand-- Prospect, I think?). This applies to men and women of all ages, no kidding! I've also wanted to own a pair of New Balance shoes ever since the sneaker trend kicked in. So you can just imagine how happy I was to find this pair! Haven't seen anything similar in any other store. (It has hot pink details too, btw!)






MAKEUP

Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Cinema City/CC Concealer (Too Cool for School Myeongdong) - W25,000
Of course I wasn't going to leave Seoul without hoarding makeup!! I first heard of TCFS when they came to the Philippines; I was amazed with their products because they all came off as witty and artsy and all that. But I figured their products would be cheaper in Korea, so I waited until we finally got there.

I've been using BB (Blemish Balm) cream on my face, but I'm running out on my stock soon Therefore, I decided to buy from TCFS! I ended up getting CC (Color Correction) cream instead though. I figured CC cream would suit me better. This is because my face tends to get oily and dewy (although the shiny face is a makeup trend as of the moment) throughout the day. Also, my BB cream doesn't exactly cover up my blemishes, unless I pile on unnatural layers.

So this is why this Dinoplatz CC is perfect! It's a 2-in-1 wonder. Aside from its liquid CC cream, it also comes with a concealer stick! The concealer can double as a contourer, too. And why, it comes in a very cute box too!





Etude House Drawing eyebrow in shade 03
& Drawing Show brush liner (Etude House Itaewon)
My eyebrows (or the slight lack thereof) are terrible, like I said before. I've been using Etude House for my eyebrows (their Easy Brow pencil), but now I decided to try their chisel-tip one. As for the eyeliner, I always like using the brush-type for my upper eyelid.


3 Concept Eyes Powdery Lip & Cheek in Tibet Orange (Style Nanda Lotte Young Plaza Myeongdong) - W16,000
This one's at a tie with my TCFS CC cream as "favorite makeup purchase". Been wanting to own something from 3CE! I've been partial to cream blushes over powder and tint, really. That being said, I knew I had to get their Powdery Lip & Cheek, in orange! Can't wait to use it hihi.





FOOD

Oreo wafers (Lotte Mart Cheongyangni)
Yup, totally got this one. One thing about me is: it's actually my self-imposed life mission to try every variant of Oreo existing!


Market O Real Brownies (Lotte Mart Cheongyangni)
Saw this in pretty much every convenience store, so I was curious. Inside is 1 individually-wrapped brownie bars. I've tried it, and it's just okay.



MISCELLANEOUS

7 pairs of socks (Namdaemun market) - W10,000
Swooning over these!! You guys should've seen me all starry-eyed over all the designs. I made sure to choose those that had unique/pretty "hem" designs because after all, they're the ones that'll be peeking out of my shoes. 7 for 10,000 (W1,500 each, but on a bundle promo) seemed like a good deal to me at that time, but when I went to Edae, they were selling at W1,000 per pair aww!



Snowglobe (Insadong)
I collect mini snowglobes from different places I've been too :) (Sungnyemun is Namdaemun, by the way! *I Googled it hehe*)


BONUS - Freebies!!!!!!111!
So the lovely people from Too Cool for School and Etude House sneaked these goodies in the bags! Honestly, I don't know what at least half of them do lol. But that baby CC cream aaaa!!




So those were the stuff I brought home from Seoul! I definitely had fun shopping, if you can't tell. To be honest, the prices are quite high. It also doesn't help that the amounts are tailed by many 0s. But hey, it's not every time that I get to go there, so (like they say) yolo! I shall abstain from unnecessary spending for a few months (or at least try to, lol).

Thanks for reading this post!! Feel free to leave a comment below; I'm quite busy with school as of the moment, but I'll make sure to respond as soon as I can! xx

x Erika Rosales

PS: I went to Lee's 125th Anniversary Fashion Show at Philippine Fashion Week! That's one post that I'll be putting up soon, so do watch out!

69 comments:

  1. love your Seoul haul! everything is so cute, look at those socks! aww!
    I adore your denim shortall too.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purchases! Looks like you had a really great day :)
    http://thekontemporary.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww... great haul!!! Looooove the sneakers, the backpack, the sandals, the striped sweater dress, and the fluted skirt!! Thank you so much for stopping by and for following! I'm following you back now on ”GFC”
    I'm also following you on "Google+" and I'd be very happy if you follow me back :)

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, following you back! x

      Delete
  4. So many cute pieces of clothing. Loved them all!

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great items!
    Wish you a huge weekend!

    XX

    http://floortjeloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fellow Sherlockian I adore your new denim shorts - I need to buy one for myself soon!
    And that white bag... I need it in my life.

    Have a great saturday,

    http://devil-wears-gabbana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I'm following you now via GFC! Can't wait for your next post! x

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!!!! x

      Delete
  7. Hello lovely, I just came across your blog and it's awesome! I'm your newest follower and look forward to your next post! :D

    I have a new outfit post up, would love to know what you think! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great pieces! You have a great style!! Thx for following, follow you too on GFC!! xx

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous haul! I really like those overalls/dungarees. They remind me of my childhood so much ahha ;p gorgeous white bag as well :) Good luck with your school work :) x
    | Life as a Petite || Fashion, Crafts & Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing pieces !!
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC?


    xo
    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, so great and so detail.
    Awesome!
    Follow back please.

    http://www.willyvaleri.blogspot.com/2014/05/armynation.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice post!

    Follow me and follow you back?

    XOXO

    http://fashiondreamet.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that's a lot of shopping! hahaha
    i really love and also want ur birkenstock!
    can't believe I used to have them and now they're back

    xoxo, Eliza
    Bread and Butter

    ReplyDelete
  15. The socks are so cute!! I love the watermelon one!! Looks like a fun shopping experience.

    Regards,

    Miss Eliza WonDerland
    www.misselizawonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice haul! Love this denim shortalls. Thanks for following, followed you back!

    Have a nice day! :)
    a-fashionable-rendezvous.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wooow...WOW... damn I love all those items! Next time, take me with you! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha sure, why not!!!! Thanks for dropping by ♥

      Delete
  18. Great fashion pieces, beauty products you have selected for school. I never had any of the snacks you posted but they look delicious!(: xoxo
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every piece is perfect!! Love the white bag :)
    Definitely, your blog is a blog to follow, your posts are beautiful and inspiring. So I'm your newest fan here :)
    I invite you to follow me back, it would mean a lot to me.
    Have a nice day!
    Anna
    annasmirror.blogspot.com

    BLOG / FACEBOOK / LOOKBOOK



    ReplyDelete
  20. wow you bought lots of lovely stuff in seoul !
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely shopping ^^

    Kisses
    http://www.mademoisellemode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow you went all out! i love shopping :)

    Hunni of Tiffanyxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the white sandals!!!

    XOXO
    http://fashion-mask.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love things from H&M ;)

    http://voanni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the brand too, they're awesome!!

      Delete
  25. the top choose :D i love new balance gym shoes, white crop top, and birkenstock :D


    ELIZABETH BAILEY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this post! Mind checking out my blog and following me via GFC & Bloglovin'? A leave me a comment so I can follow back!
    Blog ☮ http://thishipsterwrites.blogspot.com/
    Bloglovin ☮ http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/12346821
    Latest Post ☮http://thishipsterwrites.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-theme-goals.html

    xoxo,
    azia.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute purchases especially those shortalls and socks!! Surely got nice ones. :) I wish to shop at Seoul soon.

    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love them! Seoul is great x

      Delete
  28. Cute and lovely items! I love your blog!! Hope you can see mine too? :)
    Vianne x

    www.viannedelrosario.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is invite-only? :( Thanks for dropping by though!!

      Delete
  29. Oh thank you Benish!! I can't seem to access your blog tho :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks Alisa, have a lovely day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Would love to, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete