08 January 2017

That Windblown Effect


It's a brand new year! What are your resolutions for 2017? I don't usually make on for myself, but I have a feeling this year isn't going to be just another year for me, so guess what-- I went ahead and listed down a few resolutions! One of them is to blog more, and blog often. It's pretty ironic to kickstart with a backlog, but I have a lot to make up for. Plus, I've been dying to share my photos from the Pililla Wind Farm in Rizal, so it's good to finally be able to do so.

Dunno about you but this looks like it could pass as a Lacoste campaign haha!
Top from H&M, bralet from Bershka, shorts from Greenhills,
sneakers from Adidas, sunglasses from Uniqlo, bag from Lacoste
The Nissan X-Trail Philippines car club against the backdrop of the windmills

Yes, you read that right; there are windmills just outside the metro! Roughly a two-hour drive from the Manila, the Pililla Wind Farm sits atop of the mountains, providing a stunning panoramic view of Laguna de Bay. Unlike the windmills of Bangui in Ilocos Norte, the ones in Rizal are stretched over greenery instead of the beachfront. By the way, entering the complex is free of charge!

When we went there in May, it was really hot. Unfortunately, you can't really use an umbrella to shield yourself from the sun because the winds will destroy it, for sure! The place makes for a good picture spot though, and they have a visitors' center where you can learn more about the windmills.

So if you're planning to head to the Pililla Wind Farm, I highly suggest wearing something with sleeves (to keep your arms from being burnt) but also light enough so you don't feel like you're roasting under the sun. I definitely felt like I wore the right thing when I was there. For some reason though, my hair was being uncooperative and refused to sway a la shampoo commercial in the air. You'll notice it does look a little stiff in some photos-- probably all the bleaching it underwent lmao

It feels good to be posting about something local again, to be honest. I hope I get to explore more of our country this year, no matter how near or far. Will keep you guys posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment