15 July 2018

Hawaii: Iolani Palace


Maybe it was due to the implications of the animated film Moana, but I didn't exactly associate the Renaissance with Polynesian royalties. That is, until I visited Iolani Palace in Honolulu.


I acknowledge that it may have been an ignorant perspective, and so I shunned all those uninformed thoughts and welcomed every lesson that followed. There sure was a lot of information presented to us during our tour of the palace - turned museum. It was not just a museum tour, but also a good history class on the Hawaiian islands and its people.

Every chance I get to travel abroad and visit historical places, I am always amazed with the restoration efforts put into them-- either by the local government or a private organization. I sincerely wish we did just as much in the Philippines, because our lands are filled with rich culture and history.


1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful interior
    Such a lovely outfit, you looks so great
    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/07/street-snap-illustration-by-jian-jian.html

    ReplyDelete