25 October 2014

Living For The Night Lights

Last August 15, the organization which I am a part of, the Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants - De La Salle University Chapter (JPIA-DLSU), hosted a party to welcome the new school year. It was entitled "Xanadu: Live For The Night Lights", and was held at the APEX Palladium at New World Makati.

I love parties for two things (well three, if you count the company): the music and-- well-- the dressing-up. For club parties like these, I always go with a pair of shorts. And of course, I don't forget about wearing heels. Like most people, I went with black (and white). Huge thanks to our master photographer, Tereynz Mendoza, for taking my outfit shots outside the venue haha!

















Top: Topshop
Shorts: Forever 21
Platforms: DAS (custom)
Fitclip: Renouveau Manila
Earrings: Franzl Bajada (custom)

Yes, my friends-- those are heelless shoes. Quite crazy isn't it, especially when I wore it at a party? But I'll have you know, it didn't hinder me from having fun and dancing the night away!






The pair was my gift to myself when I turned eighteen last year. I got it customized based on the Alexander McQueen-esque DAS 17 design. The distinct thing about my pair is the spikes on the mary-jane straps. Please don't mind the stains on the toes-- I cleaned them up after

I'll confess: my top is one size bigger, hence the loose fit. That is what happens when you are too excited to buy a wonderful item that's on sale lol. But it's not just the top that's big! The shorts, too; that is why I took on the help of my ever-reliable fitclip. Here's a photo of what it looks like from the back!


Yup, it's that black strap at the back. Not quite sure if I've mentioned it here on my blog before, but I'm planning to sell some clothes (brand-new and preloved) on Instagram! These pieces might make it to the sale. If you're interested, feel free to follow my soon-to-open store: The Closet Case (there I go with my puns again). I initially planned on opening it in early September, but I'll have to push back the date since I'm busy with school.

Right ahead is a bunch of photos of my face (sorry I'm not sorry). It was my first time putting on falsies! It's amazing how much they liven up the eyes. Unfortunately, my lashes are naturally short, and I can't put on mascara to save my life. I also wore circle lenses-- something that I usually do when I go to special occasions. I have black and brown doll lenses, but these grey ones are my favorite; they look natural yet not-so. (I'm hoping to have blue ones someday, too!) For my lids, I attempted to make them smokey. I also filled my eyebrows (they're the most important part for me!). Since my eyes were already dramatic, I went with a light shade on my lips. I finished the look with some contouring using a bronzer/blush (of course after putting on BB cream as moisturizer and dabbing on some concealer).





I didn't even realize my bottom eyeliner was messed up until I saw this photo lol

Contact lenses: Sparkle
False eyelashes: KAI Beauty Care Eye Decoration (from Sasa)
Eyeshadow: Collection Smokey Eyes palette
Eyebrows: H&M Smokey Eyes palette
Eyeliner: Cyber Colors 24hr Eyeliner Duo (from Sasa)
Bronzer/blush: Benefit Dallas
Lipstick: Collection Satin Bow + MAC Rebel

I also attempted to sport a faux pixie. I rarely do something complicated with my hair when I go to parties; but this time, I felt like trying out something new. I've been so sick of my über long hair that I figured I should do something special with it.

To start off, I sprayed some Sea Salt Spray from Lush. My hair is naturally smooth and straight, so it needs a boost in the texture department which the spray could give. It was my first ever purchase from Lush and I have no regrets at all-- it smells really good, like the beach! What I did next was I tied the bottom part of my hair into a bun. For the remaining sections, I braided. them and pinned them at the back. It's really messy at the back (as you'll see below) though!

Did you see my gorgeous soutache earrings? They're handmade with love from Cebu! The pair is actually customized from the Franzl Bajada's Imperatrice - Belle design! Due to the changes that I wanted, it ended up looking like a hybrid of the Cinderella and the Belle designs, and it was perfect! If you've noticed, her Imperatrice collection is Disney-inspired! When I saw the collection, I knew I had to buy a pair for myself! I was looking for statement earrings to wear with the rest of this outfit, and I ordered right away. The transaction was very quick. A great experience for my first time buying online, really. Ms. Franzl just launched a new collection, Sweet Bonbons, by the way. Feel free to check it out too!



Whew, that was a lengthy post! To end this post, I'm leaving you guys with one of the many photos from the party (spot me!) and the after-party video (both courtesy of Tereynz Mendoza again). These doesn't even show a quarter of how wild and fun the party was! Contrary to popular opinion, accountants do know how to have fun! I definitely can't wait for more parties that our org will throw in the future!

x Erika Rosales


---

11 comments:

  1. You look awesome xx

    http://bblluusshh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ekka! You're not only pretty and stylish but also very kind <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should work on your make-up more because it doesn't look very flattering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're pretty, but I think you should really fix your eye make-up. Overall, I love your outfit.

      Delete
  4. wow!! you look amazing dear!! great combination so stunning shoes! your blog is really great! im following you from now on hope you can visit mine and follow me too!kisses!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bb!! I super super love your outfit especially the shoes!! ♥ I miss going to parties for some reason since I'm a gig-person now lol


    Btw, tara, let`s collab! :D

    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ // I`m on Bloglovin! // IG: @jiaachacruz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stylish outfit!! It's a really great look. :)

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really beautiful and wow..those shoes! They are the coolest xx
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shorts!!!
    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love dressing up for parties, except that i don't wear heels. I'm in love with your outfit, especially the shoes - that color is just amazing!

    Hugs from Denmark x
    Mathilde | MATHILDE JULIE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful look!!! I like your blog!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know...I always follow back.
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete