31 December 2014

Looking Back


Less than three hours before the new year, and I decide to post something new-- why not? After all, I have a lot of feels to share about the year that is about to end. And I have decided to post it with an outfit too, just because I don't want to flood you with so many words and no photos.



2014 was a true adventure for me. For starters, it was this year when I finally found the courage to start blogging, and so Style and Sundry now exists for me to keep up and for everyone to read.


This year, I got to travel not just once, but four times (whoa!). Last May, I finally got to explore Korea-- a country that I've only been to several times during layovers. For my two other travels during the year, I was fortunate to visit local destinations: Bicol, Davao (where I wore and shot this outfit), and just a week ago, Palawan. It was great being able to explore my own country again, something that I have not done for years.


Also in line with starting my blog, even if I'm only just months old at the job, I was already lucky to get sponsorships and stuff! Aside from getting to work with amazing people, I also got invited to events-- although I was not able to attend some of them, much to my disappointment.


Yes, I had my share of disappointments this year too. But despite that, there were the things that made me really, really happy. Whether they are sad or happy memories, I will remember them, especially the lessons I learned from them.


Throughout the year, I know I changed. I became more confident in my own skin. I have also become more outgoing too-- or at least, I have began taking baby steps. I promise to be even better in the following year. All it took was for me to have courage. With that, I also got to discover more about myself, that I can be more. I discovered new interests, too (and even rekindled old ones).


With regards to my style, I experimented. It's funny how my style switched quickly over the months, persistently going with the trends. But then, I actually would like to think of myself as versatile.


Indeed, 2014 gave me a lot-- much more than what I expected, really. Be they good or bad, I am t h a n k f u l. I am able to leave behind the year with a light heart, and welcome 2015 with open arms. And that is because of the people whom I care for, and care for me as well-- my mother and father, my relatives, my friends, etc.


So whether you are reading this or not (but I know you guys support me anyway haha!), thank you! Thank you because you and I both know that you were part of my 2014. You made my year awesome. And now, I wish you a very, very, great new year! I have a feeling it will be even better than this year. 2015, don't disappoint me!

Dear reader, cheers to you and I!

Top: Greenhills
Shorts: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Sunnies Studio (Dovie style)
Sandals: Grendha

x Erika Rosales

---


3 comments:

  1. You look like you're having so much fun, Erika! I love how radiant you look in all these images
    I'm so glad your 2014 was so great! Hope 2015 is filled with love, happiness, and success for you! :)

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful New Years! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that hat
    nice blog
    i am following , please follow back
    blog : http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/
    facebook : https://www.facebook.com/MelodyJacobBlog?fref=ts
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ombre hair. Great smile tho :)

    RAVI AGUSTIANA

    ReplyDelete