13 January 2018

Lights Out


LA is full of "instagrammable" spots, to say the least. One of them is Urban Light, an outdoor art installation at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art or LACMA. Whether at day or night, it truly is a beautiful sight to behold.

It was my genius idea to walk the distance between The Grove to LACMA and back, so that's exactly what we did. Can't believe I endured walking for 20 minutes straight in heeled booties! But if you're as determined as I was to get some photos, the pain would be no big deal. Thankfully, I was wearing block heels so they were a little less painful, but tiring nonetheless.

Speaking of sartorial choices, I wasn't too sure about the weather, so I went for a half-half kind of outfit: kept my upper body all wrapped up, while I left my legs bare. It was a really safe choice for fall in Los Angeles, because I could just put on a coat and pull up my socks if it got a little too chilly in the nighttime. This dressing trick is a go-to of mine whenever the weather's a bit weird, like these days when even Manila feels like Tagaytay-- not that I'm complaining though!

We went to LACMA in the evening, so there were a lot of other people too. The most ideal time to go there would be early in the morning. By that, you'll have the place all to yourself. Actually, I edited the photos to give them a "film" effect because (1) it's in nowadays, and; (2) more importantly, it tones down the nuisance of having photobombers everywhere.

Nevertheless, still happy with how the photos came out. Can't help but get "La La Land" vibes  every time I see these pictures because of the iconic street lamps. Definitely would love to go back to LACMA! But I'll make sure it'll be in the morning next time around so I can explore the inside of the museum too.

Wearing Uniqlo Heattech turtleneck and loose socks, denim skirt from Greenhills, Forever 21 boots


(Photos are from December 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment