30 December 2015

2015 Instagram Recap


As we reach page 365 of the 2015 book (I wonder if anyone actually managed to keep up that thing), we can't help but look back at how the year has been for each of us. I love how my blog has made it easier for me to reminisce on things, especially since I love browsing through old photos. But I have always been more active on Instagram over my blog, so I thought of sharing here some of my 2015 snaps.

1. Red crop top over a black dress / 2. Wearing my favorite pattern on my skirt / 3. Pop of yellow / 4. Athleisure / 5. Business attire for day 1 of my internship / 6. Outtake from our org's year-end party shoot / 7. Pool party getup / 8. Totally wore it before Kylie Jenner lol / 9. Stripes I / 10. Stripes II / 11. Outfit got me feeling like Taylor Swift / 12. Ele-funk / 13. A la Rumi Neely / 14. DIY boyfriend jeans / 15. T-shirt dresses are my go-to / 16. Been a long time since I last wore my oxblood DMs / 17. Ready, jet-set, go / 18. Off-shoulder top from New Dress* / 19. Simple but one of my faves / 20. From business to casual chic / 21. Dark Side style

1. Tough in silver / 2. Quick errands run / 3. Gold accents (thanks mom for the Kate Spade bag, and Lola Rosie for the Skagen watch!)

1. Post-workout snap ft. Nike ID Free Run / 2. Silver sandals from SM Parisian / 3. White sneakers from Marithé et François Girbaud / 4. Air Max Day ft. Nike ID Air Max / 5. Flats from Charles & Keith / 5. At a Starbucks Coffee store in Singapore / 6. At Pike Place Market, Seattle / 7. Nike Free Viritous / 8.  At Velvet Friends Cat Cafe ft. Dr Martens Made in England 1461 Oxblood

1. Mitsuyado Sei-Men / 2. Artwork at Net Lima building / 3. Ayala Ave cor. Paseo de Roxas Ave / 4. Bag of Beans, Tagaytay/ 5. Kalachuchi blooms at Paco Park / 6. River Safari, SG / 7. Merlion Park, SG / 8. Haji Lane, SG / 9. Shercon Resort, Batangas / 10. Details that often go unnoticed at Tori Box / 11. Raffles Place, SG / 12. Chicago, IL / 13. Lollapalooza I (from Day 1)  / 14. Lollapalooza II (from Day 1) / 15. Wicker Park, IL / 16. Victoria, BC I / 17. Glacier Bay, AK / 18. Lollapalooza III (from Day 2) / 19. Skagway, AK / 20. Aboard the Norwegian Pearl / 21. Government Street (Victoria, BC II)


1. Rita's / 2. Classic Confections / 3. Wildflour I / 4. St. Marc's Cafe / 5. Commune / 6. Sprout / 7. Apartment 1B / 8. Hole in the Wall I / 9. Hole in the Wall II / 10. Peri-Peri / 11. The Wholesome Kitchen / 12. Draft Gastropub / 13. Señor Pollo / 14. Mrs. Graham's / 15. The Barn / 16. Torch / 17. Mendokoro Ramenba / 18. Wildflour II / 19. Sincerity / 20. Crepeman / 21. Wok Inn / 22. Twinings

1. Last selfie with my ~ombre~ hair; wearing NYX Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania / 2. Donning a wide-brimmed hat; wearing NYX Matte Lip Cream in London to complete the bare-faced look / 3. At Meomi Cat Cafe in SG / 4. Dabbed some 3CE Powdery Lip & Cheek in #TibetOrange on my lips for a new look / 5. At Lollapalooza; Dovie sunglasses from Sunnies Studio, flash tattoo from Karma Chic MNL* / 6. Birthday selfie; wearing my all-time favorite MAC Whirl / 7. Wearing MAC Pink Nouveau / 8. Wearing MAC Diva the latest in my arsenal / 9. Went for a natural makeup look; wearing MAC Velvet Teddy

1. #HMAOTD winnings / 2. Street cred ft. rings from Born Pretty Store* / 3. Latest faves (thanks Tito Win for the Harman Kardon speaker, and dad for the Starbucks x Moleskine planner!)/ 4. New oxfords from Topshop (thanks mom!) / 5. Fresh picks (new iPhone case and new lippie) / 6. Precious (rose) gold / 7. Morning inspiration

Most of the photos I included here are those that [will] never make it to the blog in the form of full-length posts, especially the outfits and foodstuff. I have been trying (and giving up, alternately) with maintaining a clean feed, but I can never seem to master the trick haha. Oh well, I believe that while the edits may not be spot-on, the story behind each photo is worthy enough of being posted. As most of us know, a controversy regarding social media has grabbed headlines not quite recently. While I understand the person's side and her struggle, I honestly believe that social media in itself is not evil. Sure, it has its pros and cons-- nothing is perfect; but really, it's all up to how we use it, not how we let it use us.

In line with the upcoming year, I also gave my blog a makeover!! It's not too drastic, just streamlined the look and added some more features (check out the menu bar-- had to tap into my rusty CSS/HTML skills for that lol). I also subtly incorporated the Pantone 2016 colors-- Rose Quartz and Serenity-- in my blog's layout! Let me know what you guys think below :)

2015 sure has been a great year for me, but I have a feeling 2016 is going to be even bigger! How was your year? Just remember, let go of the bad memories and bring with you only the good times. Let us all congratulate ourselves for making it through 2015, and welcome 2016 with open arms and an optimistic outlook. Wishing everyone a prosperous new year!

x Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment