31 December 2017

The 2017 Recap


2016 me would not have seen it coming, but this year ended up being packed!


Travel-wise, this year was mostly quick weekend trips to different parts of the country. First week of March, I and a couple of my girl friends from work hopped on a bus to Baguio. Pretty sure the last time I went there I was still in elementary, so it was nice to be finally back!



That same month, my family also flew to the City of Smiles, Bacolod. It was my first time, and I definitely had fun indulging in all the food (both savory and sweet) and doing tons of sightseeing (with matching photoshoots, of course haha). For me, it was a rich gastronomical and historical experience that I would love to relive again someday! Read more about the trip here.


In May, I joined some of my high school amigas in a trip to Hanoi, Vietnam. Quite an unusual destination I must say, but we sure had loads of fun! Even though we only had 3 days and 2 nights to spare, we definitely made the most out of our stay by immersing ourselves in culture, history, dining, and even nightlife (special shoutout to Base Bar in Ma May)!


Before the month of May came to a close, I and my family went on another domestic trip. Our destination? Cebu! I have never been there before, so I'm glad to finally tick it off my list. However, there's so much to do in Cebu but not enough time then, so I'd definitely love to return in the future. Read more about the trip here.


Having not set foot on sand for a loooong time (three years I guess?), I finally also reunite with the beach not just once, but in three different occasions this year. And boy, did I miss the the feeling! I'll choose swimming and any other water activity over hiking any day. Anyway, in July, I went on a weekend getaway to Calatagan with a group of friends from high school. Even just lying on the sand and enjoying the salty breeze was such a great feeling.


Come September, I reached peak island life with a little family affair (although we were not complete) in Hawaii. Seven days in the island of Oahu, doing a little bit of everything-- swimming, surfing, eating, hiking! There's something different about being in Hawaii, I swear. Even as a tourist, I got a taste of their "aloha" way of life. As I usually say about every destination I've been to, I hope to come back someday (and maybe explore the other islands too!). Also, I cannot wait to share more about bout this trip-- I swear I'll try to be better and write more often on this blog hahaha (I mean I said that last year too but okay)!


Then there was this kinda-spontaneous decision to join some workmates to Nasugbu. After sunset, it was a night of games, eating and a little drinking. The following morning, we headed to Fortune Island. From its deserted pillars to the blue waters, the island is truly picturesque! Hope it will be maintained or made over someday so it's even more tourist-friendly. Regardless, there's a lot you can do in the island like camping, swimming, snorkeling, and cliff-diving.

Glad to have been to all these places-- with people from different points of my life, too! This year, I also met a lot of people and made new friendships. On a more personal note, over the past 365 days, I feel like I’ve grown into a more confident and wise version of myself. (And maybe that's why I finally had the guts to chop my hair off and go for a new look lol jk) Being out in the “real world” surely made me learn a lot about myself and life in general. Crazy how so much can happen in a year, but 2017 was truly an eye-opener! Can't help but think how past-me would be both surprised and proud of the person I've become.

Thankful for many experiences that are worth treasuring, and the people who were with me in all those moments. 2017 was a great, wild year. Happy to carry all the memories and learnings with me on to the next year. Can't wait for what 2018 has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment